How does Spravato Work?
Depression is considered treatment-resistant once someone does not respond to at least two different antidepressants. 2
Spravato Treatment Timeline
What To Expect During Spravato Treatment
Following your treatment you may experience feelings of dissociation, as though you are able to step outside of yourself and view your life from a new vantage point. Or you may experience visual or auditory hallucinations. These side effects typically wear off within two hours.
What are some common side effects?
- Increased blood pressure
- Lack of energy
- Spinning sensation
- Feeling sedated
What are the contraindications for Spravato?
- Aneurysmal vascular disease (including thoracic and abdominal aorta, intracranial, and peripheral arterial vessels) or arteriovenous malformation
- History of intracerebral hemorrhage
- Hypersensitivity to esketamine, ketamine, or any of the excipients
How do I pay for Spravato treatment?
Depending on your carrier and plan, your treatment may be covered by insurance.
- Cash Pay
Cash pay is an option if your insurance does not cover your treatment. Please contact for pricing.
Is Spravato safe and/or well-tolerate?
How should I prepare for treatment?
Can I drive after my treatment?
- Gaynes BN, Lux L, Gartlehner G, Asher G, Forman-Hoffman V, Green J, Boland E, Weber RP, Randolph C, Bann C, Coker-Schwimmer E, Viswanathan M, Lohr KN. Defining treatment-resistant depression. Depress Anxiety. 2020 Feb;37(2):134-145. doi: 10.1002/da.22968. Epub 2019 Oct 22. PMID: 31638723.
- Zhdanava M, Pilon D, Ghelerter I, Chow W, Joshi K, Lefebvre P, Sheehan JJ. The Prevalence and National Burden of Treatment-Resistant Depression and Major Depressive Disorder in the United States. J Clin Psychiatry. 2021 Mar 16;82(2):20m13699. doi: 10.4088/JCP.20m13699. PMID: 33989464.